One year ago I was living in Maynooth, Ireland, a small town about 30 minutes outside of Dublin. Studying abroad taught me so much about myself and allowed me to grow in areas of my life that have shaped who I am today. I had the privilege of traveling to nine countries in my four months abroad: Brussels-Belguim, London-England, Rome-Italy, Florence-Italy, Venice-Italy, Berlin-Germany, Prague-Czech Republic, Krakow-Poland, Budapest-Hungry, Paris-France, Cork-Ireland, Galloway-Ireland, Dublin-Ireland.
The biggest lessons that I learned through studying abroad are:
- Life is too short to not take the opportunities that are available to you. Even if something scares you or is out of your comfort zone, DO IT.
- There is so much more to the world than the small bubble you live in most of your life, and I think it is so important to go discover what the world has to offer you.
- Zara is cheaper in Europe 😉 (my friends and I seemed to end up in Zara in every country we visited).
- Time is the most precious thing we have. Do not waste any time.
- Every decision you make in life will either open doors for you or close them. Make the decisions that allow you to grow in all areas of your life.
- Take in every moment that makes you feel alive. These are the moments that you will remember for the rest of your life.
To the people who made my trip incredible and unforgettable. My travel buddies, roomies, and forever friends Marie, Molly, Monica, Emily, Kat and Nina thank you for making my time abroad so special. You all have brought so much joy into my life and I am forever grateful for our time abroad together!
Highlights of my trip: